Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position. Keep an eye out for any future roles!
Job Vacancy – Installation technician (SSSTS)
Position: Installation technician (SSSTS)
Pay Grade: Starting from £11.50 per hour (depending on experience/relevant qualifications)
Hours: Full Time (36 hours) Standard working week Monday to Thursday 08:30-16:30, Friday 08:30-15:00 (36 hrs).
Overtime opportunities: This role requires some evening/weekend working (at enhanced hourly rates).
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Movetech UK’s Head Office in Bolton (BL3 5BW)
Driving licence: Full driving licence required.
Holidays: 33 days (Inc. 8 bank holidays) as standard with facilities to purchase more.
Pension: Company contribution of 4% of basic pay (after 6 months’ probation).
Brief Job Details: This hands on role requires an individual to work both at our head office and at customers sites across the UK with some staying away from home. The successful applicant will ideally be able to visit a customer’s site undertake mechanical installation and service work as part of a small team with remote support from our office based colleagues.
Initial Job Duties
- Driving to customer’s sites, with some staying away from home overnight.
- Mechanical installation / derig of rental turntables.
- Ensuring all work is completed in a safe manner and according to current health and safety regulations and safe working practices/ working standards.
- Maintenance of rental turntables.
- Servicing turntables in the field.
- Ensuring all work produced is of a high quality.
- Applicants must have a good work ethic, be punctual, be able to work well in a team or on their own when required.
Development Job Duties
- Maintaining / repairing units on our client sites.
- Site installations on building sites.
- Mechanical fabrication / fitting in factory.
- SMSTS site management course.
Key skills, experience & requirements:
You will be enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and keen to learn new skills, be hard working and driven. You will be prepared to undertake installation and maintenance work.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Full driving license.
- Willing to travel to sites across the UK – working away from home.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative.
- Good team working and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent standards of workmanship with adherence to Health and Safety.
- A keenness to learn and develop with a positive approach to work.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Experience and relevant qualifications are preferred i.e.: city & guilds/ NVQ. SMSTS, SSSTS or CSCS.
- Previous experience working on Construction sites.
- Welding expertise.
- Fabrication experience.
- Previous experience of Engineering.
- Experience / knowledge of using hand/power tools.
Please send CV’s to Tim.Entwistle@MovetechUK.com Stating Reference ‘Installation technician’.