Vehicle turntables provide effective access solutions, from improving car parking provision in city centre office blocks, to enabling truck access to sites that would not otherwise be accessible. Installation of a Movetech UK vehicle access turntable may help to:
- Meet local planning requirements, where vehicle entry and exit is required in forward gear
- Assist vehicle manoeuvring in a restricted area
- Free up storage space for more profitable use
- Create a safer working area by reducing vehicle manoeuvres
- Lower work environment pollution by reducing vehicle engine emissions
- Improve logistics by reducing delivery turn round times
Movetech UK is in the unique position of being able to offer both mechanical and low profile air film turntable solutions. This, combined with the company's unrivalled reputation for providing expert advice, quality engineering and excellent service, has led to Movetech UK being chosen to solve access and parking problems in city centre office blocks, department stores and shopping centres, retail parks, Crown Courts and other Government buildings.
Units can be built for internal or external use and for integration into a suspended slab or ground slab, as required. Most are based on standard, tried and tested design models, and in all cases they offer low noise, ease of use and a reliable, long life with minimal service and maintenance costs.
In each case, dedicated Movetech UK engineers work closely with architects, surveyors and project engineers from design up to commissioning of the turntable, as well as providing a responsive post‐commissioning support service. The Company also offers overall design assistance to help meet current Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) regulations.
Movetech UK works with standard and bespoke designs to build structural turntables to rotate any vehicle, from the smallest of cars in an underground car park, to an HGV in a city centre retail delivery area, not forgetting military aircraft and vehicles.
Where a very low profile pit is required, the turntable can be floated on a film of air using Movetech UK's Hovair air bearing technology. This system may be preferred where the turntable is to be installed in a suspended slab.
Movetech UK's vehicle access turntables are available with the following options:
- Internal or external use
- Weather, corrosion and environmental protection
- Integration into a ground slab or suspended slab
- Electric, pneumatic or hydraulic drives
- Position control
- Fixed or variable speed, soft start and/or stop
- Remote control
- Security features
- Safety features
- Low profile requirements
If you would like to view example case studies for Movetech UK's industrial products, you can visit our case study page. Alternatively please contact us and we would be more than happy to email or post you selected copies. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 (0)1204 537681
For more information, please don't hesitate to give us a call or email us, our sales and technical teams will be more than happy to help you with any queries. You can get in touch by:
- email: email@example.com
- tel: +44 (0)1204 537681 (Bolton Head Office) or:
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for all the latest news, updates and special offers.
- Useful links:
- Vehicle access turntables (PDF)
- Photos, videos and downloads
- Non-destructive testing
- Vehicle manoeuvring in a restricted area such as delivery bays
- Bespoke design to suit you
- Innovative and cost effective
- Ideal for:
- Department stores and shopping centres
- City centre office blocks
- Crown Courts and other Government buildings
- Share this page...