Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position. Keep an eye out for any future roles!
Position: Field Service Technician / Installation & Maintenance Technician
Pay Grade: Starting from £11.50 per hour (depending on experience/relevant qualifications)
Hours: Full Time (36 hours) Standard working week Monday to Thursday 08:30-16:30, Friday 08:30-15:00 (36 hrs).
Overtime opportunities: This role requires some evening/weekend working (at enhanced hourly rates).
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Movetech UK’s Head Office in Bolton (BL3 5BW)
Driving licence: Full driving licence required.
Holidays: 33 days (Inc. 8 bank holidays) as standard with facilities to purchase more.
Pension: Company contribution of 4% of basic pay (after 6 months’ probation).
Brief Job Details: This hands-on role requires an individual to work both at our head office and at customers sites across the UK with some staying away from home. The successful applicant will be able to visit a customer’s site undertake mechanical assembly, installation and maintenance of heavy engineering products, working as part of a small team with remote support from our office-based colleagues.
Initial Job Duties
- Driving to customer’s sites, with some staying away from home overnight.
- Safe manual handling of mechanical components.
- Mechanical installation & derig of rental turntables and revolving stages.
- Assisting mechanical installation of truck turntables on large construction sites.
- Ensuring all work is completed in a safe manner and according to current health and safety regulations and safe working practices/working standards.
- Maintenance of rental turntables and revolving stages in the factory environment.
- On-site maintenance of truck turntables.
- Ensuring all work is of a high quality.
Development Job Duties
- Leading installation/derig of rental equipment.
- SSSTS/SMSTS Site Supervisor/Manager role on construction sites.
- Mechanical fabrication/fitting/assembly in factory.
- Maintenance of hydraulic jacks.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Full driving license.
- Willing to travel to sites across the UK – working away from home.
- Engineering experience – mechanical assembly with hand/power tools.
- Engineering experience – maintenance/fault finding of electro-mechanical systems.
- Manual handling experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good team working and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Engineering experience – reading/following engineering drawings.
- Experience and relevant qualifications are preferred i.e.: city & guilds/ NVQ. SMSTS, SSSTS or CSCS.
- Previous experience working on Construction sites.
- Welding/fabrication experience.
Please send CV’s to Tim.Entwistle@MovetechUK.com stating reference ‘Installation & Maintenance Technician’.